If you dream of becoming a professional drag racer, you could ask for no better introduction than a session in the Chevrolet Camaro, the choice of drag racers from around the world. This vehicle is continuously being tested and tuned to competition level performance and is recognized for its stunning design and firm control.
Don’t just take our word for it. Watch the Chevrolet Camaro in action.
Before getting into the driver’s seat of this vehicle, you will receive a technical briefing from the Yas Drag Racing Centre’s chief instructor. Safety regulations will be explained to you, followed by reaction training in the reaction simulator room. Here, you will learn about the “Christmas Tree” lighting signal system and will be taught to manage your reaction times. Your instructor will be at the wheel on the first test run and will brief you on staging, braking zones and the finish line.
On the second run, you will be in the driver’s seat. Your instructor will be in the passenger seat to assess your handling and control of the vehicle. Provided you manage this well, you will be permitted to take the remainder of your runs on your own without the instructor in the car. You instructor will watch your performance at all times and brief you following each of your eight runs.
- Please arrive in good time for your experience. We recommend being here up to 30 minutes prior to the start time
- The Driver Waiver forms provided on site must be completed
- No cameras are allowed on board or inside the vehicles
- Please park your own vehicle at the Yas Drag Academy
- To participate, you must hold a full driving license
- Drivers must be at least 18 years of age
- Wear clothes covering your arms and legs as per the National Hot Rod Association Rule Book
- Closed toe shoes only - Soft soled shoes are recommended, no sandals or high heels allowed
- Spectators are welcome and permitted within Yas Central specified viewing areas free of charge
- All Yas Marina Circuit and National Hot Rod Association rules and regulations are to be followed
- Bookings are non refundable
- If weather conditions are unsuitable due to dust storms, high winds or rain, your booking will be rescheduled to another date
- Safety precautions and medical assistance are provided at the venue
- Alcohol cannot be consumed in the period prior to your driver experience. Any accidents that occur due to the influence of alcohol will be reported to authorities and payment will be required for any damages incurred